Meeting 09-02-2017

Diem25 Dublin-1 DSC Meeting

We had another great meeting tonight with the Dublin-1 DSC. We discussed the European crisis, Brexit, the election of Trump in the US and we managed to progress our idea for a Dublin meeting, which will be a “World Cafe” event.

The minutes of our meeting can be found below:

Present: Ezekiel, Killian, Wessel, Chris, Dolores, Kim, Kevin, M-A.

Chair: Wessel

  • Opening
  • Discuss letter Pedrojuan

>> We proposed to use the World Cafe format for the meeting

>> Belfast is out of the picture

>> We are in contact with DiD about the date(s)

>> Letter without the apology, why apologise?

>> Action Pedro: Send letter to Judith Meyer

  • Date for the Dublin-1 event

>> 1st week of May bank holiday

>> 9th-20th of May Kim is on holiday

>> June might be better than May

>> There’s a bank holiday in the 1st week of June

>> Second weekend of June might be ideal

>> DiD poll also influences the date

  • Discussion World Cafe format

>> March for democracy? Before our coinciding with the event.  

>> Two day event. Worldcafe + democracy day.

>> Project team: Ezekiel, Kim, Pedro, Wessel, Orla

>> Location: The Unite Hall, Teacher’s Club, Jigsaw, Chris

>> Get a flag for the meetings

>> Action: Kim has access to a badge maker

>> Action: Wessel checks for flyers

  • Any other business

>> Thematic meetings

  • Next meeting

>> 23rd of February 2017.

  • Closing

Minutes 19/01/2017

Minutes Diem25 Dublin-1 Meeting 20/01/2017

Minute taker: Wessel

  1. Why are not enough people showing up to the meetings?
  • We have to reach out to people, asking them why they came in the first place, but what they’re not finding currently
  • Under what circumstances is it worth to make an effort to get the ball going
  • We should tell every Thursday that Yanis is coming
  • Would the location be an issue?
  • Perhaps it’s a feature of the Irish culture
  • What kind of people do we want to bring into Diem25? Working class?
  • The core problem might be that we don’t know what Diem25 really is
  • There seems to be a lack of a strategy
  • There’s a lack of work in Diem25
  • Building a network of Irish movements was a good idea
  • We could make a one-year plan
  • We could have a talk about a topic every meeting – make the meetings thematic
  • We should use FB in a better way – communication strategy Action point (Kim)
  1. Diem25 Launch in Ireland event
  • Maybe we should organise the event independent of the CC
  • As long as we stay within the Diem25 guidelines
  • March is not feasible – we should target a later point in the year
  • We will communicate to Belfast and the CC that we are not ready for March (first on Slack) – Action point (Pedrojuan)
  • The event will still happen – but rather in May/June
    • One of the themes of the event: the internal workings of the EU (the deal with Turkey/ the new president of the EP)
  • We have to plan everything without CC support in principle
  • We will do it according to the World Cafe format and we will invite other DSCs
  1. Elements for a year plan for DSC Dublin
  • Action point (Wessel): Start a year plan for DSC Dublin
  • A communication strategy (social media etc.)
  • Starting new DSCs
  • Getting in touch with other Irish movements

Next meeting:

2nd of February, 6pm, Jigsaw

  • Point for agenda: Website – mimic the DiD website